Travelling to GlencoE
Discounted Car Hire
Customers of Clachaig Inn and Clachaig Holidays can now take advantage of discounted car hire rates with Rhino Car Hire.
To obtain a genuine 10% discount on car hire from a variety of pick up locations using our preferential discount booking form on this link.
Arrival in Glencoe
Clachaig Inn is clearly signposted from the A82 and we look forward to welcoming you to Glencoe at the end of your journey.
If arriving for for our self catering properties, please note that they are generally available from 4pm on the day of arrival, though we will endeavour to have them ready if we know that you hope to arrive earlier in the day.
All keys can be collected from reception at Clachaig Inn, including those for Arivonie Lochside Cottage, Riverbank Holiday Cottages, or Quarry Cottages, Ballachulish.
Planning Your Journey
Here’s a handful of useful resources for planning your journey to Glencoe and travelling around when you get here.
- Traveline – Useful resource for planning any travel by public transport in the UK.
- Traffic Scotland – Up to date road information across Scotland. Also check the Live Eye cameras for the latest snow (or not) on Rannoch Moor.
- Scottish CityLink Coaches – Travel to Glencoe by coach. Good connections to from Glasgow.
- Stagecoach – For more local bus services such as Glencoe, Fort William, Kinlochleven etc.
- National Express – National Bus and Coach timetables.
- Scotrail – Let the train take the strain, though the nearest stations are either Bridge of Orchy or Fort William.
- Harveys Maps – Get yourself a map of Glencoe for when you arrive.
- Ali’s Taxi – Tel: 01855 811136
- Kenny – Tel: 01855 811764
- Jean – Tel: 01855 821428
Getting to Glencoe
Clachaig Inn & Clachaig Holidays are located in Glencoe, approximately 2 hours drive from either central Glasgow or Stirling. We’re located just off the A82 in the heart of Glencoe.
Glasgow (inc. Airport)
Head along the M8 and cross the Erskine Bridge where you’ll join the A82 for Glencoe and the North West.
Edinburgh & the South
Follow routes to Stirling (M9 or perhaps M6/M74) and then follow signposts for Callendar and the A84. Once at Crainlarich, this road joins the A82.
From the North
Glencoe is about 30 minutes south of Fort William on the A82.
The nearest train station is in Fort William. Citylink bus services pass through Glencoe en route to Fort William and Skye.
Glencoe Open Water Swim
Whether an experienced open water swimmer or looking to take that first swim in the great outdoors, the Glencoe Open…
FebruaryFest Packages 2016 A special tariff to coincide with our annual Winter Beer Festival Friday 29th January to Saturday…
The Boots Bar
The Boots Bar Unique is the word that comes to mind. The huge dusty real fire set amidst log piles…
The Clachaig t-shirt Competition Ever wondered whether anyone actually wins those competitions that you’re forever being asked to take part…